Salt Lake City FSDO

Office Hours/Contact Us

1020 North Flyer Way
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116-2959

Phone: (801) 257-5020
Fax: (801) 257-5066

Email the Office

Office Hours: 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM Mountain Time, Monday through Friday, except holidays.

Planning to visit the SLC FSDO
Please make an appointment at (801) 257-5096 or e-mail us at:

Individuals/entities with an assigned Principal Inspector may contact him/her directly for an appointment.

Please be advised, our office is currently experiencing significant wait times of 60-120 days for processing requests from the public. If your request is time critical, we highly recommend using a Designee.

  • Airworthiness-related requests, please make the application in AWC and contact a DAR-T:
    • Special flight permits
    • Replacement airworthiness certificates
    • New certifications (experimental)
    • Imports/ exports of aircraft
  • Operations related requests, please make the application in IACRA and contact a DPE (Please note the type of DPE needed in parenthesis following the type of request):
    • All Practical Tests for Issuance of Pilot Certificates/Ratings
    • Remote Pilot (UAS/Drone) (DPE-RPE)
    • Foreign Pilots (DPE-FPE)
    • Military Competencies (DPE-MCE)
    • Special Medical Flight Test (DPE-SMFT)
    • CFI Renewals based on activity or Flight Instructor Refresher Course (DPE-FIRE)
    • NVG Endorsements (DPE-BAE)
    • SIC type rating (DPE-BAE)
    • SOE restriction removals (DPE-BAE)
    • Restricted ATP limitation removal (Company APD)
    • Ground Instructor applications (Basic, Advanced and Instrument) (DPE-GIE)
  • Student pilot certificate please contact any certified flight instructor (CFI)
  • Verification of authenticity of a foreign license/medical please go to Verify the Authenticity of a Foreign License and Medical Certification | Federal Aviation Administration (
  • Removal of restricted ATP limitations please contact your company APD. If you are not employed by an airline, send your request to

Other Work Requests

  • Part 91 Letter of Authority (LOA) Requests
    • Submit request to this office at
    • For the following LOAs please also submit your application to OAPS:
      • Streamlined Part 91 Operational Approval, A056, A354, A355, B035, B036, B054, C048, C052, C060, C063, C073, C085, C384
  • For Aircraft registration questions please contact the aircraft registry
  • For Airman medical certificate/s questions please contact CAMI
  • Replacement pilot/mechanic certificate or to change your address please use airman online services
  • For Other requests or services not referenced above please send an email to this office email at:
  • For any questions, please contact the inspector on duty at 801-257-5096 during normal business hours:
    • 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM


  • Noise complaints – Contact the local airport noise abatement office, airport manager, or city noise office, and to the FAA noise abatement office at or the regional ombudsman website
  • Agricultural chemicals spraying complaints – contact the National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC) local extension office or Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) office when no aviation safety issues are involved at If safety issues are involved, please submit the information to this office.
  • Consumer complaints concerning air operators (e.g., ticketing, baggage, or flight delays). - contact the operator or the DOT Office of Aviation Enforcement and Proceedings at
  • Flight procedures complaints – contact FAA Flight Procedures and Airspace Group
  • Faulty Navigational Aids (NAVAID) complaints – contact the controlling air traffic control (ATC) facility by radio or phone, or to Flight Service. Flight Service can be reached at 1-800-992-7433 (1-800-WX-BRIEF) or
  • Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) complaints – contact
  • Obstruction warning light outages – contact the FAA Obstruction Evaluation Group at
  • Air traffic procedures – contact the appropriate air traffic facility manager.
  • Hazardous airport conditions – contact the Office of the Associate Administrator for Airports (ARP), whose contact information is available at
  • Complaints about airport and passenger security – contact TSA at
  • Complaints about military airports or military personnel - contact the appropriate military base. 
  • Complaints about criminal activity – contact the Office of Security and Hazardous Materials Safety (ASH), or local law enforcement agency
  • Bird or wildlife strikes - Refer to
  • Condensation trails in the sky - Refer to contrails.pdf (
  • Pets or service animals on passenger flights - Refer to
  • Safety Complaints - Report Issues Related to Aviation Safety to FAA Hotlines
  • Low flying aircraft or other complaints not listed above please submit the date, time, location, aircraft registration number, aircraft description, a summary of the event, names of individuals involved, and any other applicable information to
Last updated: Friday, August 18, 2023