Salt Lake City FSDO
Office Hours/Contact Us
1020 North Flyer Way
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116-2959
Phone: (801) 257-5020
Fax: (801) 257-5066
Office Hours: 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM Mountain Time, Monday through Friday, except holidays.
Planning to visit the SLC FSDO
Please make an appointment at (801) 257-5096 or e-mail us at: email@example.com
Individuals/entities with an assigned Principal Inspector may contact him/her directly for an appointment.
Please be advised, our office is currently experiencing significant wait times of 60-120 days for processing requests from the public. If your request is time-critical, we highly recommend using a Designee.
- Airworthiness-related requests, please make the application in AWC and contact a DAR-T:
- Special flight permits
- Replacement airworthiness certificates
- New certifications (experimental)
- Imports/ exports of aircraft
- Operations related requests, please make the application in IACRA and contact a DPE (Please note the type of DPE needed in parenthesis following the type of request):
- All Practical Tests for Issuance of Pilot Certificates/Ratings
- Remote Pilot (UAS/Drone) (DPE-RPE)
- Foreign Pilots (DPE-FPE)
- Military Competencies (DPE-MCE)
- Special Medical Flight Test (DPE-SMFT)
- CFI Renewals based on activity or Flight Instructor Refresher Course (DPE-FIRE)
- NVG Endorsements (DPE-BAE)
- SIC type rating (DPE-BAE)
- SOE restriction removals (DPE-BAE)
- Restricted ATP limitation removal (Company APD)
- Ground Instructor applications (Basic, Advanced and Instrument) (DPE-GIE)
- Student pilot certificate please contact any certified flight instructor (CFI)
- Verification of authenticity of a foreign license/medical please go to Verify the Authenticity of a Foreign License and Medical Certification go to: https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/foreign_license_verification
- Removal of restricted ATP limitations please contact your company APD. If you are not employed by an airline, send your request to 7-ANM-SLC-FSDO@faa.gov
Other Work Requests
- Part 91 Letter of Authority (LOA) Requests
- Submit request to this office at 7-ANM-SLC-FSDO@faa.gov
- For the following LOAs please also submit your application to OAPS:
- For Information on Streamlined Part 91 Operational Approval, A056, A354, A355, B035, B036, B054, C048, C052, C060, C063, C073, C085, C384 go to: https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/avs/offices/afx/afs/afs400/afs410/part91_loa_process
- For Aircraft registration questions please contact the aircraft registry
- For Airman medical certificate/s questions please contact CAMI
- Replacement pilot/mechanic certificate or to change your address please use airman online services
- For Other requests or services not referenced above please send an email to this office email at:
- For any questions, please contact the inspector on duty at 801-257-5096 during normal business hours:
- 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Noise complaints – Contact the local airport noise abatement office, airport manager, or city noise office, and to the FAA noise abatement office at firstname.lastname@example.org or the regional ombudsman website: https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/apl/noise_emissions/airport_aircraft_noise_issues/noise_ombudsman
- Agricultural chemicals spraying complaints – contact the National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC) local extension office or Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) office when no aviation safety issues are involved at http://npic.orst.edu/pest/countyext.htm. If safety issues are involved, please submit the information to this office.
- Consumer complaints concerning air operators (e.g., ticketing, baggage, or flight delays). - contact the operator or the DOT Office of Aviation Enforcement and Proceedings at https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/file-consumer-complaint
- Flight procedures complaints – contact FAA Flight Procedures and Airspace Group
- Faulty Navigational Aids (NAVAID) complaints – contact the controlling air traffic control (ATC) facility by radio or phone, or to Flight Service. Flight Service can be reached at 1-800-992-7433 (1-800-WX-BRIEF) or https://www.1800wxbrief.com.
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) complaints – contact https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/nas/gps_reports/
- Obstruction warning light outages – contact the FAA Obstruction Evaluation Group at https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/content/lightOutageReporting.jsp.
- Air traffic procedures – contact the appropriate air traffic facility manager.
- Hazardous airport conditions – contact the Office of the Associate Administrator for Airports (ARP), whose contact information is available at https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/arp/.
- Complaints about airport and passenger security – contact TSA at https://www.tsa.gov/contact-center/form/security-issue.
- Complaints about military airports or military personnel - contact the appropriate military base.
- Complaints about criminal activity – contact the Office of Security and Hazardous Materials Safety (ASH): https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/ash/contacts, or local law enforcement agency
- Bird or wildlife strikes - Refer to https://wildlife.faa.gov/home
- Condensation trails in the sky - Refer to contrails.pdf (faa.gov): https://www.faa.gov/sites/faa.gov/files/regulations_policies/policy_guidance/envir_policy/contrails.pdf
- Pets or service animals on passenger flights - Refer to www.faa.gov/travelers/fly_pets/cabin_pets
- Safety Complaints - Report Issues Related to Aviation Safety to FAA Hotlines: https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/aae/programs_services/faa_hotlines
- Low flying aircraft or other complaints not listed above please submit the date, time, location, aircraft registration number, aircraft description, a summary of the event, names of individuals involved, and any other applicable information to 7-ANM-SLC-FSDO@faa.gov