Part 91 Letter of Authorization (LOA) Application Process and Information Orlando FSDO Part 91 LOA Application Process Checklist (MS Word)
General Reference Information
- All Advisory Circulars (AC), Orders, Notices and Airworthiness Directives can be accessed on Federal Aviation Administration
- FAA Flight Planning Information
- Flight Technologies and Procedures Division Site
(Located in the Regulations and Guideline section)
|A056 Data Link CPDLC||Conduct data link communications||AC 90-117
Flight Operations Group Data Communications (DataComm) Site
|A115 LODA||Letter of Deviation Authority (LODA) Deviation Authority for Conducting Flight Training in Experimental Category Aircraft (14 CFR §91.319 (h))||e-CFR Site
National Policy 8900.15 (PDF)
Flight Standards Information Management System (FSIMS) 8900.1, Volume 3, Chapter 11, § 1
|B034 B-RNAV/P-RNAV||Conduct operations within airspace designated as terminal or en route European Area Navigation airspace with specific aircraft||AC 90-96A|
|B036 RNP-4 / RNP-10||Conduct Oceanic and Remote Continental Navigation Using Multiple Long- Range Navigation Systems (M-LRNS)|
|B039 NAT/MNPS||Conduct operations in North Atlantic High Level Airspace (NAT HLA)||Flight Technologies and Procedures Division information|
|B046 RVSM||Conduct operations within RVSM Airspace||14 CFR, Part 91
RVSM Documentation Site
|C063 RNAV & RNP TERMINAL
|Conduct IFR area navigation (RNAV1) Instrument Departure Procedures (DPs) and Standard Terminal Arrival routes (STARs) published in accordance with 14 CFR Part 97, and/or tailored arrivals (TA)|
|D095 MMEL as MEL||Operate aircraft using MMEL as an MEL|
|D098 Short Term||Operate specific aircraft in Special Areas of Operation for short term operations||Flight Standards Information Management System (FSIMS)
8900.1, Volume 4, Chapter 1,
|D195 FAA Approved MEL||Use a Minimum Equipment List for specific aircraft under the provisions of 14 CFR Section 91.213 (a)(2)||Flight Standards Information Management System (FSIMS)
8900.1, Volume 4, Chapter 4
For all FAA information, from pilots and aircraft to airports and spaceports, we provide procedures and tools to help you apply for, receive, and maintain FAA licenses and certificates.
The NEW Small UAS Rule (Part 107), including all pilot and operating rules, is in effect as of 12:01 a.m. EDT on August 29, 2016.
Note: The Orlando FSDO is NOT accepting appointments at this time for Remote Pilot Certificates.
- To locate an authorized Remote Pilot Examiner in the Orlando FSDO Geographic District, please review the attached document.
Remote Pilot Examiner (RPE) (PDF)
- The following link may be helpful for UAS and Remote Pilot Certificate questions.
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
For expediency, Orlando Flight Standards District Office recommends contacting an FAA designee (DPE) for the following services:
- CFI Renewals based on Activity, FIRC or FAA WINGS refer to a DPE. CFI Renewals based on "Duties and Responsibilities" must schedule an appointment with an FAA Inspector at a FSDO.
The following are examples of renewals based on Duties and Responsibilities:
- Company Check Pilot
- Company Check Airman
- Chief Flight Instructor
- Military Instructor
- Private Pilot Certificate Based on Foreign Certificate
An FAA certificate issued on the basis of your foreign license is now referred to a DPE.
Verification of Authenticity of a Foreign License/Medical (FAA Letter of Authenticity)
- Military Competency
- SIC type rating applications
- SOE restriction removals
- Restricted ATP limitation removal
- Student pilot certificates (seeking Private or Sport privileges)
- Ground Instructor applications (Basic, Advanced and Instrument)
To locate a DPE, an airman can visit the FAA Designee Locator Site
- Designee Type: [Select the applicable type]
- FAA Office: [Select SO15 Orlando FLT STD DST Office] or any office location