Appointments / Airworthiness Information
Appointments / Operations Information
- The NEW Small UAS Rule (Part 107), including all pilot and operating rules, is in effect as of 12:01 a.m. EDT on August 29, 2016.
Note: The Orlando FSDO is NOT accepting appointments at this time for Remote Pilot Certificates.
Until further notice, the Orlando Flight Standards District Office has discontinued providing the following services.
- CFI Renewals
- CFI Renewals based on Duties and Responsibilities: Per FAA Guidance, a renewal based on Duties and Responsibilities still requires FAA Inspector action. The following are examples of renewals based on Duties and Responsibilities:
- Company Check Pilot
- Company Check Airman
- Chief Flight Instructor
- Private Pilot Certificate Based on Foreign Certificate: An FAA certificate issued on the basis of your foreign license is now referred to a DPE.
To locate a DPE, an airman can visit the following website and select:
- Designee Type: Select the applicable type - FAA Office: SO15 � Orlando FLT STD DST Office or any office location
- More FSDO Information
- Licenses & Certificates
- For all FAA information, from pilots and aircraft to airports and spaceports, we provide procedures and tools to help you apply for, receive, and maintain FAA licenses and certificates.
Local FSDO Highlights
- NOTAMs, TFRs, SUAs *****ALERT*****
- Compliance Philosophy
- ORLANDO FSDO SAFETY SUMMITS
- IA Information
- IACRA - Integrated Airman Certification and Rating Application
- Schedule an Initial CFI Examination
- Report Low Flying Aircraft (PDF)
- Computer Testing Centers (PDF)
- Aviation Safety - Safety Management system (SMS)
- More »
- Accident & Incident Data
- Airworthiness Certification
- Field Approvals
- Safety Alerts (AD, SAIB, SDR, & More)