CSS-Wx Product Categories
FAA and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and NextGen Weather Processor (NWP) are handled by Common Support Services-Weather (CSS-Wx) for consumption by various FAA systems. The lists below show the categories of products obtained from each source, and provide a few examples of each. All products into and out of CSS-Wx are formatted according to the Open Geospatial Consortium standards. CSS-Wx provides service adaptors for systems still unable to ingest the standardized formats.
NOAA Weather Categories
- Numerical Forecast Models - Rapid Refresh Model, High-Resolution Rapid Refresh Model, Short-Range Ensemble Forecast Model, and North American Mesocale Model
- Aviation Forecasts - Turbulence and icing
- Alphanumeric Products - Meteorological Aviation Report, fronts, Terminal Aerodrome Forecast, and Pilot Reports
- Imagery - Guam satellite
NWP Weather Products
- Mosaic - Precipitation, echo tops, and satellite
- Analysis - Tornadoes, terminal winds, and growth and decay trends
- Predictive - Eight-hour precipitation, phase, confidence, and two-hour fronts
- Translation - Eight-hour convective weather avoidance fields
A more comprehensive description of the NWP products is on the NextGen Weather Processor Products page.