More than 3 billion tons of regulated dangerous goods, also known as hazardous materials, are transported in the United States each year. Over 261,000 tons of these dangerous goods are transported by air.
When these materials are properly packaged, labeled, and stowed, they can be transported safely, but when they are not, they can pose significant threats to transportation workers, emergency responders, the general public, and the environment because of the potential for accidents and incidents.
Transport Dangerous Goods by Air
FAA's Shipper Guides
- Aerosols: Use our interactive guide to determine how to properly ship your aerosols (PDF)
- Flammable Liquids: Use our interactive guide to determine how to properly ship your flammable liquids (PDF)
- Batteries Guide: Use our interactive guide to determine how to properly ship your batteries (PDF) (Updated 3/8/2019)
- Lithium Batteries Chart (PDF)
- Small and Limited Quantity Packaging Exceptions guide (PDF)
Still looking for answers? Review our Frequently Asked Questions.