Resources for Shippers & E-Commerce
Dangerous Goods Questions?
For questions about air transportation of dangerous goods (chemicals, batteries, battery-powered devices, gases, aerosols, flammables, etc.) you may contact the FAA Hazardous Materials Safety Program via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general questions about the Hazardous Materials Regulations, contact DOT's Hazardous Materials Information Center by telephone (1-800-467-4922 or 202-366-4488) Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.–5 p.m. EST or by e-mail (email@example.com)
Shipping Lithium Batteries
Lithium Batteries Commercial Shipment
Lithium Batteries in the Mail
FAA's Shipper Guides
- Flammable Liquids: Use our interactive guide to determine how to properly ship your flammable liquids (PDF)
- Batteries Guide: Use our interactive guide to determine how to properly ship your batteries
- NOTE: The interactive batteries guide works best in Google Chrome or saved to your desktop and opened in Acrobat Reader.
- Small and Limited Quantity Packaging Exceptions guide (PDF)
The following websites provide information about dangerous goods restrictions specific to some air carriers. This list is not all-inclusive:
- United States Postal Service: Shipper Restrictions
- Federal Express: Dangerous Good and Hazardous Materials Services Guide
- United Parcel Service: Dangerous Goods