Birds of a Different Feather | November/December 2018
The November/December 2018 "Birds of a Different Feather" issue of FAA Safety Briefing explores the tremendous diversity of general aviation and encourages you to expand your aviation horizons and appreciate the many ways in which you can "enjoy the ride." The issue also focuses on the new perspectives and the new skills you’ll need to consider when moving on to a different type of flying.
Note: Mobile-friendly links to each feature article are available below.
- Birds of a Different Feather: So Many Ways to Reach the Skies
- The Experimental Experience: Blazing a New Trail in a "Special" Place
- Ride the Lightning: Aviation’s Electric Future?
- Teaching the Unknown: A Balloon Instructor’s Guide to Flight Training Preparation
- Flying Light! Managing Expectations with Light-Sport Aircraft
GA Safety Enhancement (SE) Topic Fact Sheets
- Controlled Flight Into Terrain (PDF) – November 2018
- Pilots and Medication (PDF) – October 2018
- Stabilized Approach and Go-around (PDF) – September 2018
- Maneuvering Flight (PDF) – August 2018
- Fly the Aircraft First (PDF) – July 2018
- Transition Training (PDF) – June 2018
- Best Glide Speed and Distance (PDF) – May 2018
- Smart Cockpit Technology (PDF) – April 2018
- Emergency Procedures Training (PDF) – March 2018
- Maintenance Placards (PDF) – February 2018
- Enhanced Vision Systems (PDF) – January 2018