Partnering with PEGASAS: FAA’s Center of Excellence for General Aviation | May/June 2018
The May/June 2018 issue of FAA Safety Briefing focuses on the FAA’s Center of Excellence for general aviation research, the Partnership for Enhancing General Aviation Safety, Accessibility, and Sustainability (PEGASAS). This partnership facilitates collaboration and coordination between government, academia, and industry to advance aviation technologies and expand FAA research capabilities. Feature articles in this issue focus on several of these forward thinking and safety enhancing projects.
Note: Mobile-friendly links to each feature article are available below.
- Let it Flow! PEGASAS Inspires a River of Research
- Pushing the Envelope: A Plan of "Attack" for Loss of Control
- Weather ... Or Not? Weather Technology in the Cockpit
- LED There Be Light: Working to Enhance Airport Lighting
- Remote Sensors? Rumble Strips? Heated Pavements? Oh My! Three Fresh Approaches to Improve Runway Surfaces and Safety
- How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Singularity: Using Collective Data to Drive Safety Improvement