The FAA Safety Policy Voice of Non-commercial General Aviation
Aviation Communication | May/June 2020
The May/June 2020 issue of FAA Safety Briefing focuses on the importance of proper communication in aviation and its critical role in furthering safety. Feature articles include a refresher on the basics of good "aviation" grammar, how to use correct phraseology to avoid confusion or misunderstandings, and how to best leverage the technology and equipment at your disposal to maximize communication efficiency and accuracy.
- May/June 2020 (PDF)
- Jumpseat: Say Again?
- Aeromedical Advisory: How Do You Hear?
- Condition Inspection: Hearing Loss
- Checklist: The Sound of (Microphone) Music
- Drone Debrief: What's That Droning Noise?!
- Nuts, Bolts, and Electrons: Get to Know Your Mechanic
- Angle of Attack: Aviation English, Please
- Vertically Speaking: Crew Communications
- FAA Faces: Sarah Patten