The FAA Safety Policy Voice of Non-commercial General Aviation
Aviation Human Factors | July/August 2020
The July/August 2020 issue of FAA Safety Briefing focuses on the importance of human factors in aviation. Feature articles and departments address stress, fatigue, decision making, cognitive bias, and more. We also take a closer look at the humans behind the FAA’s Human Factors team to see how their work is helping improve aviation safety.
- July/August 2020 (PDF)
- Jumpseat: The Human Factor
- Aeromedical Advisory: Getting to a "New Normal"
- Condition Inspection: A Primer on Medical Testing
- Checklist: But What Do You Actually Do?
- Drone Debrief: Drones Doing Dirty Work to Keep Humans Safe
- Nuts, Bolts, and Electrons: Addressing the Challenge of Failure to Follow Procedures
- Angle of Attack: Decisions, Decisions
- Vertically Speaking: Avoiding Information Overload
- FAA Faces: Dr. Kathy Abbott