Dangerous Goods Questions?
For questions about air transportation of dangerous goods (chemicals, batteries, battery-powered devices, gases, aerosols, flammables, etc.) you may contact the FAA Hazardous Materials Safety Program via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general questions about the Hazardous Materials Regulations, contact DOT's Hazardous Materials Information Center by telephone (1-800-467-4922 or 202-366-4488) Monday through Friday from 9 am - 5 pm EST or by e-mail (email@example.com)
Shipping Lithium Batteries
FAA's Shipper Guides
- Aerosols: Use our interactive guide to determine how to properly ship your aerosols (PDF)
- Flammable Liquids: Use our interactive guide to determine how to properly ship your flammable liquids (PDF)
- Batteries Guide: Use our interactive guide to determine how to properly ship your batteries (PDF) (Updated 3/8/2019)
- Lithium Batteries Chart (PDF)
- Small and Limited Quantity Packaging Exceptions guide (PDF)
The following websites provide information about dangerous goods restrictions for some air carriers. This list is not all-inclusive:
- United States Postal Service: Shipper Restrictions
- Federal Express: Dangerous Good and Hazardous Materials Services Guide
- United Parcel Service: Dangerous Goods
- Service And Packaging's Various HAZMAT Applications: Provides various hazardous materials applications on Apple and Android.
- Dangerous Good Awareness: This app is applicable to anyone who would want to have basic knowledge of Dangerous Goods in an aviation context. (Android only)