UAS Facility Maps show the maximum altitudes around airports where the FAA may authorize part 107 UAS operations without additional safety analysis. The maps should be used to inform requests for part 107 airspace authorizations and waivers in controlled airspace.
NOTE: These maps DO NOT authorize operations in these areas at the depicted altitudes – they are for informational purposes ONLY. Operators must still apply to operate in controlled airspace (Class B, C, D, or surface area E) by completing a Part 107 Airspace Authorization or Waiver Application in the FAA DroneZone.
Individuals who request a part 107 airspace waiver and authorization are encouraged to consult the maps prior to submitting a request to determine locations and altitudes that can be approved quickly.
The maps will be published in phases, starting with Class E airport maps (published April 27, 2017).
For more information about UAS Facility Maps, please see these Frequently Asked Questions.
- View all UAS Facility Maps and grids
- View an example UAS Facility Map (PDF)
- View a list of UAS Facility Maps (MS Excel)
- View the UAS Facility Map Decision Flow Chart
- Download UAS Facility Map data (designed for data providers)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Read the UAS Facility Map Press Release (April 27, 2017)