Since 2013, the UAS Test Sites have supported drone integration by providing an avenue for the drone industry and stakeholder community to conduct more advanced drone research and operational concept validation.
Here are the seven UAS Test Sites:
- North Dakota Department of Commerce
- State of Nevada
- New Mexico State University
- University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Texas A&M University Corpus Christi
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
- Griffiss International Airport (NY)
To contact an FAA UAS Test Site, see the contacts list.
About the Research
The research we collect and analyze UAS Test Site data and helps us make recommendations to improve data quality and consistency. The data requires analysis to determine technical and operational trends to derive conclusions that support critical safety decisions required to integrate UAS into the National Airspace System (NAS). Read more about the Unmanned Aircraft Systems Test Site Data Collection and Analysis (PDF).