The compatibility of airport land uses is important to both the local government and the airport. Ensuring this compatibility requires understanding how an airport functions and how it can impact or be impacted by the community that surrounds it. These resources help local governments and airports understand their roles and offer ideas for compatible development.
- AC 150/5100-20, Guidance on the Extraction of Oil and Gas on Federally Obligated Airports
- Airport Noise Compatibility Planning Toolkit
- Noise Land Management and Requirements for Disposal of Noise Land or Development Land Funded with AIP (PDF)
- Pilot Program for Redevelopment of Airport Properties (Acquired Noise Land) (PDF)
- Thermal Exhaust Plume Impact on Airport Operations: Technical Guidance and Assessment Tool (PDF)