Airport Coronavirus Response Grant Program
The Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriation Act (CRRSAA) (Public Law 116-260) (PDF), signed into law on December 27, 2020, includes nearly $2 billion in funds to be awarded as economic relief to eligible U.S. airports and eligible concessions at those airports to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic.
To distribute these funds, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has established the Airport Coronavirus Response Grant Program (ACRGP). The FAA will make grants to all airports that are part of the national airport system, including all commercial service airports, all reliever airports, and some public-owned general aviation airports.
Under this new Airport Coronavirus Response Grant Program:
- Primary commercial service airports, those with more than 10,000 annual passenger boardings, will share $1.75 billion based on the number of annual boardings, in a similar way to how they currently receive Airport Improvement Program (AIP) entitlement funds.
- Primary commercial service airports will share an additional $200 million based on the number of annual boardings, and these funds will then be available for these airports to provide relief from rent and minimum annual guarantees to on-airport car rental, on-airport parking, and in-terminal airport concessions. Airports will provide this relief to each airport concession based on its proportional share of the total annual rent and minimum annual guarantees for the airport.
- Non-primary commercial service and general aviation airports will share $45 million based on their airport categories, such as National, Regional, Local, and Basic. Of that $45 million, airports that participate in the FAA Contract Tower Program will divide $5 million equally.
These funds will provide economic relief to airports around the country affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
CRRSA and ARPA Concessions Rent Relief
CRRSA Airport Grants and Concessions Relief
(hosted on YouTube)
Applying for Airport Coronavirus Response Grants
- ACRGP Grant Allocations (PDF)
- Updated ACRGP Grant Allocations (PDF) (added August 17, 2021)
- SF 424, Application for Federal Assistance (PDF)
Note: Use the "Save link as" option to save the file to your computer and then open it from there with your PDF reader tool rather than within the web browser.
- Airport Coronavirus Response Grant Program (ACRGP) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (updated March 29, 2023)
- Sample ACRGP Closeout Report (MS Word) (updated June 2, 2022)
- Sample ACRGP Concession Certification (MS Word) (added April 9, 2021)
- Sample ACRGP Concessions Relief Plan (MS Excel) (added November 24, 2021)
- The Department of Transportation administers the Small Community Air Service Development Program (SCASDP). For more information, please contact the SCASDP office.