In support of NextGen, the FAA is moving to a Geospatial Information System (GIS). In FY 2007, we issued three Advisory Circulars to provide guidance for the collection and submission of aeronautical data and to identify the FAA's GIS data model for airport-related data. We will use the data to develop satellite-based approach procedures and to better utilize and manage the National Airspace System. More information about Airports GIS and related training can be found on the FAA's Airports GIS website.
Airports GIS Guidance
- Airports GIS Advisory Circulars
- Airports Geographic Information System (Airports GIS) Transition Policy for Non-Safety Critical Projects (August 23, 2012) (PDF)
- Airports GIS Integrated Distance Learning Environment (IDLE) Announcement (PDF)
- AVN Data System (Approach Procedures)
- National Geodetic Survey (NGS)